Popular Posts

Sunday 13 March 2011

London bass show 2011

Okay so i went to the first ever London bass show today and i must say i was very impressed, bass guitar magazine did an amazing job at setting it up. with live shows from international solo bassists such as TM Stevens, Laurence Cottle, Stu Hamm. Personally, coming from a metal and Alt-rock background I felt Laurence Cottle wasn't my cup of tea, however, TM Stevens blew me away and Stu Hamm is just mesmerising when he's playing.
TM Steven's witty, bouncy attitude mixed with his insane slap bass skills makes his music very upbeat and incredibly easy to listen to.
but for me, the bassist of the day had to be Stu Hamm, his skill with both hands on the neck and control over sliding harmonics is amazing, he has a genuine talent for the instrument and is possibly the best bassist I will see for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment